Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Chicken & Peanut Panang Curry

The picture doesn't due this dish justice. In an attempt to utilize even more of the chicken from the weekend bbq, I decided to try it in this Thai dish.







I started by browning an onion in the "wok", for about five minutes. Then I added to that a teaspoon of green curry paste and 3 tablespoons of Padang Peanut Sauce that was store bought.

I let that sautee for another minute or so and added in one can of coconut milk and about 2 handfuls of the shredded beer can chicken from the weekend. Diced chicken cutlets would work as well. Bring the whole thing to a boil.

Add a can of coconut cream, the juice of one lime, a couple of dashes of fish sauce, 2 tblspns of brown sugar.

I diced about half of a pineapple core and added that to the soup. Just before serving I added in a few torn basil leaves.


I sliced a cucumber and spooned on a little asian chile sauce for a side.









The OverLord


Cooking Music: Jamie Cullum "Twenty Something"

Wine: Raven'swood Cabernet 8$

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's just something un-appetizing about a cat on the kitchen counter.